IATSE Local 33 Tool List
All individuals referred by Local #33 must have identification to properly fill out an I-9 or any other form required by the company.
The company is not required to employ anyone who fails to supply the required I.D. and may request to see an original document.
In addition, you are responsible for bringing with you the following tools:
MANDATORY TOOLS FOR ALL CALLS:
- Diagonal cutters (dikes)
- Screwdriver (slotted and phillips)
- 6" Crescent wrench
- Pocket knife
- Map of Los Angeles County
- Pen and pencil
- Hard hat
- Hard workboots, preferably steel-toed as required by Venue (Pantages)
MINIMUM TOOLS FOR CARPENTER SHOP CALLS
- Nail apron
- Hammer (16oz.)
- Hand saw
- Dove-tail saw
- Screwdrivers (slotted And Phillips)
- Screwdrivers (Pump Or Electric)
- Crescent wrenches (8" in addition to the 6")
- Steel tape measure (25ft.Retractable)
- Framing Square or Speed Square
- Combination square
- Wood chisel (1-inch width)
- Ripping chisel
- Pry-Bar (Super bar or Cat's paw)
- Nailsets (Assorted)
- Diagonal Cutting Pliers
- Sliding T-Bevel
- Block Plane
- Welders Helmet (if qualified welder)
It is also recommended that you keep all-weather gear, such as hats, rain-proof jackets, etc. in your car. You never know when you will be working outside in the rain. Sunblock and hats with visors are useful for working outside.
Note that some calls require Show Blacks and it's recommended that you keep a clean set in your car. Show blacks should include: a black, long-sleeved shirt, long black pants and black shoes and socks. Shirts should be logo-free, although a small Local 33 emblem is acceptable.
There will be absolutely no taking of unauthorized photos of any kind on calls. If caught doing so, you will be disciplined.