Good Evening Brothers and Sisters,
I had received this notice this morning in regard to ABC/Disney employees requiring to be vaccinated. The Disney Co. gave a 2 month notice to Employees country wide. I have put in BOLD the email address for Disney Employee Relations to request a waiver to submit for either Medical, Disability, or Religous reasons. This will be on a case by case basis and no guarantee the Company will honor the submitted waiver. Please read the letter below from their Labor Relations Dept explainng the process to following in the next few weeks.
Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your partnership in this. Here is information regarding mandatory vaccinations for Local 33 employees:
1. Mandatory Vaccination: All employees must be vaccinated, except if a medical or religious exemption pursuant to paragraph 2 applies.
2. Medical/Religious Accommodation: The Company will have a process in place to assess religious and disability accommodation requests, that will comply with all applicable laws. If an employee needs to seek an accommodation due to religious and/or medical reasons, the employee can email our Employee Relations department (DGE.Employee.Accommodation.Requests@disney.com). Employee Relations will review all accommodation requests based on religious and/or medical reasons. Determinations about accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis, in taking into consideration the specific circumstances, including information from the employee and their health care provider (for medical accommodation requests).
3. Proof Of Vaccinated Status: As the first step to documenting vaccination status, the Company will require the employees working on site to attest that they are now fully vaccinated (including providing the manufacturer's name of the vaccine the received). Employees who are fully vaccinated are defined as those who are:
· At least two (2) weeks after the final dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (manufactured by Pfizer or Moderna)
· At least two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine (manufactured by Johnson & Johnson)
The attestation form just requires the employee to attest to the foregoing without proof of vaccination. That form goes directly to the Company’s HR Department.
At a later date, the employee will need to provide documented verification of vaccination. That will be administered by an outside vendor. The Company will accept uploaded copies of or photos of vaccine cards or QR codes from a state public health department, or verification through a third-party validator.
4. Sick Time: The Company will add two sick days to the complement of sick otherwise available if the employee (staff, per diem or freelance) cannot attend work due to illness resulting from a reaction to the Company required vaccination.
5. Vaccination Date: Employees will have 60 days from the date of notice to the employee to obtain the vaccination, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. Local 33 employees were notified on Friday, August 27 of the requirement.